Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Flu Clinic

Today I volunteered at my first of 6 flu clinics! The St. Vincent PCC offers a flu clinic every Wednesday from October through March for people, young and old, to get their flu shots. It is so important to get the flu shot not only to prevent yourself from getting ill form the flu, but more for your family so that you do not pass it on to them.


Another reason to get your flu shot is so you don't miss work! DUH! Do you really want to use 3 days of your hard earned PTO days or even go unpaid because you were scared of a little needle?! I don't think so! There has been no evidence that the flu shot gives you the flu... EVER! It is a myth, so if that is your excuse not to get it, then you now know it is not the truth! AWESOME!
I had a blast using my nursing skills and knowing I helped people not come down with this potentially life threatening illness by volunteering my time today! And I'll help almost a hundred more in the next few months, volunteering at 5 more flu clinics! Get out there and get yours today! Ms. Captivating and your very own personal nurse said so!

Until next time friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment