Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Reading is the Best Gift

Books I donated to the St. Vincent Pediatric Primary Care Clinic
Reading is the best gift you can give your child. Reading inspires creativity and helps children to use their imagination. Reading promotes independence and a sense of accomplishment. As a mother to a 2 year old, I try to instill the power of reading to my child by reading to her everyday after school and before bed. For every holiday, she gets a new book. I want her to grow confidant, creative, and empowered.

The children at the Primary Care Clinic sometimes only receive book that are provided there. The PPCC tries to care for each and every child, not only physically and medically but intellectually and creatively. My hope in the near future is to hold a book drive to collect books so that the PPCC have enough books to provide for at least 6 months. Be looking for when I do get my drive going!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment